John Pilger Interviews Julian Assange
This is going to be a big post to make up for a few months of absence. All links will be categorized by topic. There’s not really any negative articles on Obama in the politics/government section because I don’t usually frequent those parts of the internet. He definitely has his flaws, but I don’t have any articles of them in my favorites or on my Reddit account. I will try and update this post with a few more videos. Otherwise, enjoy!
Science and Technology
- Scientists Clear Path to the Fountain of Eternal Youth
- Bonobo genius makes stone tools like early humans did
- Mirrors for the James Webb Space Telescope finished, good info on what it will do. (Successor to Hubble).
- Big Bang Was Actually a Phase Change, New Theory Says
- How To Grow Your Own Fresh Air – Three plants you can keep in your house to keep your air fresh and pollutants out.
- Open Air Quantum Teleportation Across a 97km Lake
- Harvard cracks DNA storage, crams 700 terabytes of data into a single gram
- Heat Proof Face Paint That Can Withstand Heat From Bomb Blast
- Brain Implants Powered by Spinal Fluid
- Mind-reading helmet could help interrogators distinguish friend from foe
- Past Six Decades and Climate Change
- Human Immortality Possible by 2045. say Russian Scientists
- Particles that will keep you alive when you can’t breath
- Trapwire, the biggest story you haven’t heard about. Banned from the news.
- Mitt Romney Flip-Flop Collection (Video)
- Why America Doesn’t Like Mitt Romney
- Election being bought by 47 billionaires
- How you would suffer from Paul Ryan’s policies
- NBC/WSJ Poll has Obama leading Romney 94% to 0% among African Americans
- ”Romney is hiding Bain abortion profits in his tax returns,” says Tampa foe
- What we don’t know about Romney’s money
- Domestic Right Wing Extremist compared to Muslim Extremist. Eye Opening.
- Ventura talks 9/11, makes Fox idiot leave stage
- The Libor Rate-Rigging Scandal (conveniently not in the news, but should be front page)
- Inside China, Getting Rich Isn’t Always So Glorious
- The Flight of Wealthy Chinese: 16% of the rich have already left, 44% more plan to do so soon
- Liberalising immigration would double the world’s income overnight
- America’s Sea of Red Ink Was Years in the Making
- Prison spending bleeds education system
- 8 ingredients in our everyday food that are bad for us
- Daily Aspirin reduces cancer risk and slows the spread of cancer
- 5 ways you don’t realize movies are controlling your brain
- Artificial Butter Flavoring Ingredient Linked to Alzheimer’s Disease Process
- Atheist Summer Camp in Seattle, grew to 620 members this summer
- Did Belief in Gods Lead to Mayan Demise?
- “War on Religion”
- A guy fights back against his coworkers use of the whiteboard for religious verses
- Lyndon Baines Johnson: Some Unheard Stories (including urinating on a Secret Service Agent because he could)
- Mikhail Gorbachev, 80, discusses the last days of the Soviet Union
- The Pedal-to-the-Metal, Totally Illegal, Cross-Country Sprint for Glory: NY to LA in 31 hours
- The Smoothest Con Man That Ever Lived
- Progressive defended his sister’s killer in court to avoid paying the balance on her policy
- PRESS FREEDOM INDEX 2011/2012
- Hacking Democracy
- The Last Lions
- Taken For a Ride (how the auto industry has fought against and destroyed public transportation)
- Automated Construction: 3D Printing on a Massive Scale
This is mainly for the video game players on here but even if you don’t play any, this game looks really bad ass and realistic. Kind of like a modern world high tech GTA.
Really good interview done in 1958 with Brave New World author Aldous Huxley. He speaks about what is threatening our freedoms, and this is 54 years ago. Advertising, propaganda, drugs, overpopulation, capitalism, television, etc. Highly recommended.
Looks like the private industry is finally going to get a big push into space. Google’s CEO Larry Page and executive chairman Eric Schmidt, James Cameron, Ross Perot Jr., and some other tech billionaires are behind a new company called Planetary Resources, Inc
They say that platinum metals would be their focus; platinum alone is worth $23,000 a pound. By mining only the first few feet of a modestly sized asteroid, it would yield about $6 billion. $6 BILLION! There are roughly 9,000 asteroids orbiting near the Earth. Even if it averages out to $1 billion per asteroid (still only talking platinum)…that’s a lot of money.
The key question is whether to bring the ore back home for refinement or to do it in space. To bring it home is not cost effective and defeats the economical purpose for this endeavor. If done in space it could jump start the colonization of the solar system. Other materials like water could be used for life support and rocket fuel, enabling us to refuel and travel further than before. This is an exciting time as we have future minded people with the money to bring our dreams into reality.
I don’t know much about Charlie Chaplin except that he was a silent comedian. This is one of the best speeches or maybe the best I’ve ever heard.